Sunday, May 17, 2009

One week to go...

So it's one week to go before the event, what am I thinking?

To be honest, I'm excited.
The longest stretch of the trail I've walked so far is 55km, 70 if you count our detour, but so far Oxfam seems to be a lot like fatherhood.

As in thinking about it seems hard, but once you start doing it, you find that even though it is hard, it's also a lot of fun and nothing you can't handle if you just keep rolling.
It's also a lot like fatherhood in that your wife usually ends up working harder than you do.

I'll be enjoying myself on the trail, while Eri & Naomi will be buzzing around with the support team like a bunch of busy bees, making sure we all finish in good spirits.  All I can say is if you have a young baby, and want to take a weekend to walk 100km with the boys, it better be for charity.

So how about the boys, the 3 others on the walking Do-Life team?  I'm really glad I've done it with them.  They've taught me what I do well and not so well, and like any real team, I can pass the baton when I need to.  It seems that we've now all caught the Do-Life bug, and everybody's ready to finish by midnight Saturday, which is really great.

I think if we all listen to each other when we're saying the right things, we'll be finishing the race in good time to take a bath before bed-time Saturday.  When you're doing it for Charity, that's the real gold medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment